In the past few months, we’ve started stuffing chicken with different things. When we tried stuffing chicken cutlets, we found that to be a fail. So we decided to roll the chicken with filling lining the inside. We’ve done Spicy Chicken, Bacon Stuffed Chicken, and Spinach Stuffed Chicken. This led us to making these spinach stuffed chicken parm rollups.
Fatima loves Italian food. After making those turkey parm meatballs, we’ve fallen into an Italian food frenzy and have been making a parm out of pretty much everything. I mean, who doesn’t love something covered in pasta sauce and melted cheese?
This past weekend we went out to a great little Italian place called La Bella Vita in Little Italy with some friends. That got us back into making some delicious Italian recipes again. Fatima’s been cooking up a storm of red sauce, hopefully we’ll be sharing those soon. That brings us to our spinach stuffed chicken parm…
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Parm
- 10 chicken cutlets (breasts would be too thick!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 6 oz shredded spinach
- 8 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 10 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Crack 2 eggs and whisk in a small bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
- Combine parmesan cheese, spinach, and ricotta cheese in a medium sized bowl.
- Lay down chicken, flat on a plate, and spread some of the spinach-ricotta mixture on the chicken.
- Roll up the chicken and place aside.
- Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Them into a baking dish with the seam-side down so they don’t unravel.
- Bake them for about 25-30 minutes.
- Parm time – remove them from the oven, top with a dollop with pasta sauce and then a slice of cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and then broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes, and serve!