This post on Slutty Brownies was originally published on July 10, 2012. Photos have been updated.
These slutty brownies are so delicious! They combine everything I love: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and Oreos. With the summer in full swing, I made this pick-me-up for my coworkers on Friday.
So what makes this brownie so slutty? The obey, gooey three layers. The first being a giant chocolate chip cookie. Probably one of my favorite sweets, this is the foundation for the dessert. On top of the chocolate chip cookie is a layer of Oreos. What I love about this layer, is the Oreos become soft moist once this comes out of the oven. The top is a layer of fudgy, dark chocolate brownie. If you’re making this, you need to use Duncan Hines’ dark chocolate fudge brownie mix (and mix for fudgy).
When it comes to the chocolate chip cookie layer, you can make your own or use store-bought dough. I’m always in favor of a quick dessert, but if you have the time, whip up your own cookie dough!
- 16oz Chocolate chip cookie dough (store-bought or make your own)
- Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudgy boxed brownie mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, make the brownie batter according to the directions on the box. For the Duncan Hines boxed mix, we use 1 egg, 1/3 cup water, and 1/2 cup oil. Combine until smooth.
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper, foil or cooking spray.
- Take apart the cookie dough and push into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place Oreos in a flat layer on top of the cookie dough.
- Pour brownie batter on top of Oreos. You will not use all the batter. Pour over the Oreos until they are just covered.
- Place in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven to cool to room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Cut them into squares and consume!
- Feel free to add your own toppings like ice cream, chocolate or caramel sauce!