This is our first experience cooking with quinoa and I think we’ve finally jumped on the quinoa superfood wagon. We had some quinoa tacos at Stephanie’s house a few weeks ago – they were delicious! So we substituted in quinoa for turkey in our turkey chili recipe, to make some delicious quinoa chili.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 16 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Cajun powder
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook quinoa and stir in onion.
- In a large pot on high heat, add water and cooked quinoa mixture.
- Mix in crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic and cilantro.
- Season with chili powder, cajun, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes to an hour – would make a great slow cooker recipe.