Need a new and delicious side dish for breakfast? How about a baked egg inside an avocado?! My sister sent me this idea the other day. Since I’ve been trying out different green smoothies, I had an extra half of an avocado that I did not want to go to waste. This is really easy to make and very delicious! The oven bakes the egg and the avocado gets warm and creamy – a style of avocado I’ve never had before, and I loved it!
Egg Stuffed Avocado
- Avocado, cut in half
- Egg for each half of the avocado (1 avocado = 2 eggs)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half (like a hot dog).
- Scoop out a little more of the pit. I needed a little extra room for the egg.
- Crack open an egg and dunk it into the pit of the avocado.
- Dust with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out, cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!