What did I say, inside out chicken parm? What a concept! I wanted to make some really good chicken parm, but thought I could change it up. We’ve stuffed chicken with cheese, bacon, and spinach. So I thought, why not take the parm outside, and move it to the inside? So that’s what we did.
We took the thick chicken breasts and carved out a little pocket on the side. We didn’t just make a flap, we cut a deep slit so we could stuff the chicken. We threw together some mozzarella cheese, sauce, spices, rolled them in bread crumbs, and pinned them shut. Voila!
Inside Out Chicken Parm
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- Bread crumbs
- 1 small bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 jar of pasta sauce (choose your favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a deep slit on the long side of the chicken.
- Rub a thin layer of mayo on the chicken.
- Roll chicken in the bread crumbs to cover all sides.
- Using a spoon, scoop out some sauce and place inside chicken.
- Stuff with cheese.
- Add more sauce.
- Use toothpicks to close the chicken.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Take out, let sit for a 5 minutes, take out the toothpicks, and serve.