My sister made some delicious banana bread at Christmas last year, and again about a month ago. Last week, some of our bananas didn’t make it though the heat wave here in the city, so Fatima thought we should make some banana bread. So I called my sister and requested her recipe.
Banana bread is a great way to use your bananas that may have browned too much. Rather than throwing them away, consume them in another way. This banana bread is sweet, but not in your face sweet. There’s a nice balance between bread and banana flavor. Fall is coming.
Colleen’s Banana Bread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prep a loaf pan with butter or crisco.
- Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl. Mix in milk and cinnamon.
- Add banana mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake.
- Remove when a fork or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set for 15 minutes to cool.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Enjoy with cream cheese, butter, or nothing at all!