After all of that pumpkin, I thought I should provide an easy recipe that was pumpkin-less. Enter,
Pumpkin Apple Pie Pockets. They are extremely easy to make and do not take a long time to prepare.
We got the idea to make these apple pie pockets when we made the mini cinnamon rolls. Here’s what you’re going to need:
Apple Pie Pockets
- Crescent roll dough (Pillsbury or other brand)
- One granny smith apple
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Pie Spice
- The only thing that will take some time, is cutting up the apple into tiny little cubes.
- While you’re doing this be sure to heat the oven (by following the directions on the crescent roll cans).
- Once the apple is cut up, add in some brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple pie spice.
- We never measured, so play it by taste.
- The goal is to make it taste like the filling of an apple pie.
- Spread out the triangles of dough on a cooking sheet.
- Place some apples at the wider end of the triangle and roll up into the shape of a crescent roll (Directions will be on the can if you do not know how to do this part). If you mess up, like I did (see picture above) then just unroll it and take out some apples.
- Once they’re all rolled up, place on the baking sheet and bake as per the directions.
- Take them out, let them cool off and take a bite! Yummy!!!