Red Velvet Waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat egg with buttermilk, sour cream, food coloring and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, adding melted butter in gradually as well, until all lumps are out.
- Turn on your waffle iron and wait for it to heat up.
- Once it’s ready, pour your red velvet mix and close the lid – wait until it’s ready.
- Serve warm with cream cheese, syrup, and/or butter.