Featured in our New Year’s Post, these pumpkin ravioli will just melt in your mouth. No, these are not pumpkin-filled ravioli, but ravioli with a pumpkin sauce poured over the top. I had pumpkin ravioli when I ventured over to the upper west side for dinner. It was pumpkin-filled with a pumpkin sauce – too much pumpkin! I like a touch of spice, I thought I’d make a sauce for cheese-filled ravioli.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 fresh whole sage leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook your ravioli/pasta/etc. We used a pre-made, frozen bag of ravioli, so we had to drop them into a pot and boil them.
- While your ravioli is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot (you know how we love these) and sauté for about 3-4 mins. Add garlic and sage leaves and sauté for another minute.
- Add wine and cook until liquid has almost disappeared. The shallots should be very soft at this point.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove sage leaves and discard.
- Add pumpkin, a spoonful at a time and stir.
- Stir in heavy cream and half of the Parmesan.
- Drain cooked ravioli. Combine with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.