November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month! So to celebrate – besides heading down to the candy store and buying the half-priced peanut butter cups – we’re making Peanut Butter Cups! If you’re a sweet tooth, try this delicious Peanut Butter Cup recipe that I’ve perfected over the past few years…
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 (11.5 ounce) packages of milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 whole gram crackers (1/4 cup crushed)
- Grease mini muffin tray with some vegetable oil. I used a paper towel and wiped the cups in a thin layer.
- Place 1 bag (11.5 oz) of chocolate chips in a microwave safe container, with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm, takes about a 30 min.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, salt, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of crushed gram crackers. Divide into the chocolate cups.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, if you do not have any left over, use some from the 2nd bag, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.
- Place the tray in the fridge or freezer* until the cups are firm.
- Enjoy the yummy goodness of the peanut butter cup!
*I placed the tray in the freezer and then the fridge to keep cool.
I’m trying to find a way to keep the chocolate from melting fast, I’ve heard shortening works best?
I would like to give credit to a few websites and their reviewers with whom I combined some of the recipes, reviews, and comments in order to make this creation the best thing ever: AllRecipes.com, TasteOfHome.com, and FoodNetwork.com, and their reviewers.