So it’s Thursday and your tired; what are you going to make for dinner? With the weekend coming up, you know you’re going to be out with friends which means you will be eating out for the next few days. Therefore, you’re trying to avoid seamless – as much as possible. What if I told you I have the perfect recipe and that it all cooks in one pan? Do you like baked chicken and our garlic-lime parmesan brussel sprouts? If your answer is yes to both of those questions then you’re in the right place.
Everyone thinks they can make chicken, but in some cases it can come out dry – and no one likes dry chicken. I’m guilty of dry chicken sometimes, but I think I finally got it right with this recipe. Combined with the perfect amount of seasoning and time in the oven, this dish will have you and your guests coming back for seconds. The dish combines chicken and veggies on one pan, for the same amount of time in the oven. Basically, this dish will save you time to give you more time to breathe after a long day at work.
One Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 ¼ pound of thin cut chicken breast
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 tbsp. basil
- ¼ tsp of thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ lb. brussel sprouts
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up, in a medium bowl mix your oil and minced garlic. In a separate bowl, mix your bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the oil mixture, covering evenly, and then in the bread crumbs, also covering evenly. Repeat for all pieces of chicken and place on half of a foil covered baking sheet and sprinkle 2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese on top.
- On the second half of the pan evenly spread out your Brussel sprouts (full recipe).
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or when chicken is no longer pink on inside. Half way through be sure to flip your Brussel sprouts so they cook evenly on both sides.