Cupcake fever has set in. While making some yummy boozy cupcakes last week, we got to experimenting with other foods. Saw an idea on Pinterest I thought I would try out. I’m naming these “Omelette Cupcakes” because they are whipped eggs in a cupcake pan. THE PERFECT side to serve with brunch.
Very easy to make, these omelete cupcakes take about 30 minutes to bake, so be sure to put these in the oven right away. But oh so worth the wait. So delicious! You can put anything into your whipped egg – think about it like an omelete. Cheese, seasoning, meats, spinach, etc. A great way to serve up breakfast. Use any kind of bacon you like, but we chose to use the healthier alternative, turkey bacon.
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1 egg
- Dash of milk
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- Pinch of basil
- Pinch of roasted garlic & pepper seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray your cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Line the wall of the cupcake tin with the slice of bacon.
- In a small bowl, whip together the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture in the bacon lined cup – about 2/3 of the way up. Top with additional cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Egg will rise, so don’t be alarmed if it looks like a popover!