Chocolate chips are optional. When you want to feel like you’ve eaten a healthy breakfast without having to taste carrots, spinach, oatmeal, flaxseed, whey protein powder…etc…just make some delicious pancakes. What’s great about oatmeal (in pretty much anything) is that it gets all mushy when blended well into the dishes you prepare – especially batter. Flaxseed, yes you can see it, but you can’t taste it.
So why add oatmeal and flaxseed? Oatmeal fills you up and keeps you full longer, and it’s loaded with fiber and antioxidants Flaxseed has been said to help prevent everything from heart disease, to diabetes, to breast cancer. Why not blend them into some of your favorite breakfast foods?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup oatmeal
- tablespoon of flaxseed
- dash of vanilla
- Place a skillet on your stove over medium-low heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- All a dollop of pancake batter to the pan, and cook.
- Flip when the bottom is golden-brown, and cook the other side.
- Serve warm with a pat of butter and syrup.