How freaking cute! These mini pumpkin pies will bring big smiles to your guests. Planning on having a fall appetizer, or a buffet of mini desserts? Add these mini pumpkin pies to your list.
The best part is these are so easy to make. You can use any pumpkin pie recipe and any crust you want. All you’re doing is making a mini pumpkin pie. I used a Pillsbury crust (in the foil pan) because I was not going to make 50 of these, but I would recommend the package of 2 pie crust rolls because you’re going to need them. A pumpkin pie recipe, will typically make about 2 pies. Splitting those pies up, will make upwards of 50-100 mini pies.
Once the pies cooled off, I took a small bite and was in heaven. Then I stuck the whole thing in my mouth – it was delicious. Again, you can use any pumpkin pie recipe you want, but I put my mother’s pumpkin pie recipe below. I hope you get a chance to make these this fall!
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cans carnation evaporated milk
- 2 rolled pie crusts (unbaked)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except pie crusts) in a large bowl.
- Spread out pie crusts on a flat surface and use a mouth of a small cup to cut out small discs of crust. I used the mouth of a 16oz mason jar.
- Lightly flour mini muffin tins. Place pie crusts in the mini muffin cups, lightly pressing them down into the cup.
- Pour pie filling in the cups until they are just filled.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Leave out to cool for 5 minutes, and remove mini pumpkin pies from the tin and place on a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining pies.