Looking for an easy DIY project? This will take you 20 minutes. These DIY Map Ornaments can be personalized for anyone. The ornaments below reflect various places in our lives: Lake Winnipesaukee, Martha’s Vineyard, and New York City.
I made the Martha’s Vineyard ornament for our Honeymoon spot. Lake Winnipesaukee for one of our favorite vacation spots. And the New York City ornament for obvious reasons.
DIY Map Ornaments
- Glass ornaments
- Paint Brush
- Mod Podge
- Maps from your favorite places
- Look at your maps and identify areas that you want to cut out.
- Cut out circular pieces of the areas you want on your ornament.
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of a piece you cut out.
- Place on the glass ornament and press down so it adheres to the ornament. Some pieces will crinkle and fold over – this is ok. The ornament is a sphere, this will happen.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until your ornament is complete.
- Once the ornament is dry, apply a thin coat of mod podge on the outside of the ornament to seal it up.