Yummy, yummy, yummy, I’ve got edible cookie dough in my tummy. You know you’re in heaven when you can eat eggless cookie dough. This Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffle recipe was inspired from a red velvet truffle recipe. Our weaknesses consist only of a few things: chocolate, cookie dough, and a good dessert that can combine the two.
So what happens when you combine everything together?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 + 1/2 cups, divided Butter
- 1 package Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 + 1/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz, melted Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 cups Scrap chocolate or Mini Chocolate Chips
- Start up the oven to a cool 325 degrees. Time to let it preheat.
- Melt only 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, 3 eggs, pudding mix, and veggie oil.
- Grease or flour a baking pan. A good technique to use was the one I used with my sister’s cake.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread.
- Time to bake! Pop in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While that’s baking, prepare the egg-less, edible cookie dough.
- Combine the 2 softened stick of butter, flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl. You can combine the everything but the flour and then introduce the flour into that mixture. But if you have a hand mixer or stand, you can just throw everything in to make things easier.
- Once the cake is done, take it out and let if cool off. Once cooled, spread the cookie dough over the cake. You can use your hands or a spatula.
- Melt your 8 ounces of chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave. Remember to stir constantly as it heats up.
- Pour over top of the cookie dough layer and spread around.
- Top it off with chunks of chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Let the chocolate set and harden before eating. We placed them into the fridge to speed up this process.