To start prepping the big move, we’re starting to clean out the fridge and cabinets. Using leftovers, we whipped up these chipotle shrimp tacos. If it’s one thing I love, it’s shrimp. We’ve been on a southwestern/Mexican kick lately and I wanted to spice things up by changing out our “meat.”
Be warned, chipotle seasoning can be spicy, however I can deal with the spice. I love the smoky flavor chipotle seasoning adds to a dish. Fun fact: while watching “Who Wants to be a Millionaire, I learned that a chipotle pepper is a dried jalapeno. I had to enlist Brian’s help to make this dish. I recently taught him the proper way to clean shrimp and let just say he’s been doing this wrong for sometime (see below for a how to clean raw shrimp). Brian’s mom and dad are not a fan of shrimp, but they loved this recipe. Something about the seasoning brings this entire dish together.
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound of Shrimp
- Chipotle Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 lime
- 1 cup rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of raw spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then clean the shrimp by peeling the shell and deveining. Located on the front of the shrimp there is a thin black vein, use a knife to pull the vein out.
- Once all you shrimp is clean place shrimp on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum and sprinkle chipotle seasoning on top.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- While the shrimp is cooking chop avocado in 1 inch cubes and cook rice using the direction on the packaging.
- Once everything is ready you can start to assemble your tacos.