Yum, yum, yum. This weekend, we celebrated my dad’s birthday. Some of his favorite things are Raisinets, the Giants, Despicable Me, trains, and Dunkin’s Boston Kreme donuts. So I thought I would invite him to a screening of Despicable Me 2, and make some boston creme cupcakes!
I should disclose that my company’s parent company, Comcast, owns Universal Pictures. Any reviews/expressions of the film are that of my own and are not endorsed nor sponsored by the company. With any sequel, I get nervous about the quality vs. the first, but this one exceeded all expectations. My dad loved the first Despicable Me. I’ve never seen him laugh so hard during a film – he’s usually sleeping in the theater. So the fact he stayed awake for both of these films, says something. We all agreed – this was a great sequel and we highly recommend . I just want some minions of my own!
After the movie, we took a trip to the Top of the Rock where we posed for selfies…
And then enjoyed some homemade cupcakes in Bryant Park…
These Boston Creme Cupcakes are so easy to make! All you need are just a few ingredients; boxed cake mix, instant pudding, and frosting! You’re more than welcomed to make your own cupcake batter and pudding, but if you’re in a hurry, I’d recommend cake mix and instant pudding.
Boston Creme Cupcakes
- Cake Mix (and ingredients required)
- 1 box (3oz) Instant pudding (use any flavor, like vanilla – we used french vanilla)
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 12oz bag chocolate chips
- Make your cupcakes according to the directions on the box.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare your instant pudding.
- Mix pudding with 1 1/4 cup whole milk and follow directions on the box for beating and mixing.
- Let sit in the fridge.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool off.
- To make your frosting, melt chocolate chips and combine with melted butter and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Inject your cupcakes with pudding and top with the frosting – enjoy 🙂