Go bananas over these delicious and easy banana muffins. I usually get pretty ambitious when I buy bananas. I buy a bunch of them and assume I will eat them all before they go bad. Being in New York City this summer, my fruit took a beating in the heat, shown by all the bruises. So instead of throwing them away I found a new calling for these guys, banana muffins! The darker the banana the better your banana baked goods will turn out.
This is a super fast and easy recipe to make. Who doesn’t like a banana muffin? (don’t trust those people). Here’s an interesting fact I learned; bananas don’t grow on trees – they’re actually a giant herb. So the next time you want to waste a banana, remember just like money, they don’t grow on trees.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 ½ cup of all purpose
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ of teaspoon apple pie spice (secret ingredient)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat your bananas on medium speed until smooth. Combine your sugar egg, and melted butter into the bowl with the banana.
- In a separate bowl combine your flower, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Add your dry mixture into the banana mixture.
- Spray your cupcake with nonstick spray or line it with cupcake paper. Spoon into a cup/ muffin pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until baked through (stick a toothpick in the middle of one and if it comes out clean it’s done!).
- Last but not least enjoy and spot the vicious cycle of throwing away your old bananas.